DigiLocker is a key initiative under Digital India, the Government of India’s flagship program to transform India into a digital society and knowledge economy.
Focused on the concept of paperless governance, DigiLocker is a platform for issuing and verifying digital documents and certificates, eliminating the use of physical documents. DigiLocker website can be accessed at https://digitallocker.gov.in.
You can access your documents and certificates from your DigiLocker on your mobile device.
DigiLocker is the flagship initiative of the Ministry of Electronics and Informatics (MeitY) under the Digital India programme. DigiLocker aims for “digital empowerment” of the citizen by providing access to authentic digital documents in the citizen’s digital wallet.
Documents provided on DigiLocker system are considered to be on the same level as original physical documents as per Rule 9A of Information Technology (Protection and Preservation of Information by Intermediaries Providing Digital Locker) Rules, 2016 notified on February 8, 2017 under G.S.R. 711 (E).
Benefits to Citizens
- Important Documents Anytime, Anywhere!
- Authentic Documents, Legally at Par with Originals.
- Digital Document Exchange with the consent of the citizen.
- Faster service Delivery- Government Benefits, Employment, Financial Inclusion, Education, Health.
Benefits to Agencies
- Reduced Administrative Overhead : Aimed at the concept of paperless governance. It reduces the administrative overhead by minimizing the use of paper and curtailing the verification process.
- Digital Transformation : Provides trusted issued documents. Issued Documents available via DigiLocker are fetched in real-time directly from the issuing agency.
- Secure Document Gateway : Acts as a secure document exchange platform like payment gateway between trusted issuer and trusted Requester/Verifier with the consent of the citizen.
- Real Time Verification : Provides a verification module enabling government agencies to verify data directly from issuers after obtaining user consent.
- You can now access your documents and certificates from your DigiLocker on your mobile devices.
- DigiLocker or digital locker provides access to authentic virtual documents. It is a digital document wallet where you can store your documents such as driving licence, PAN card, Voter ID, policy documents, etc.
- You can upload the documents and keep these safe when you sign up for a DigiLocker account. You get a dedicated cloud storage space that is linked to your Aadhaar number.
- The digital locker helps eliminate use of physical documents and enables sharing of e-documents across government agencies via a mechanism to verify the “authenticity” of the documents online.
Benefits of DigiLocker
- Customer benefits : The Digilocker will drive a reduction in costs, elimination of customer complaints relating to non-delivery of policy copy, improved turnaround time of insurance services, faster claims processing and settlement, reduction in disputes, frauds, etc. Some of the other benefits are:
- One can save important documents anytime and from anywhere.
- One can authenticate document, legally on a par with originals.
- One can easily share documents with others.
- Faster service delivery – Government benefits, employment, financial inclusion, education, health.
- Agencies benefits : Besides policy holders, agencies and organisations will also get the benefit from Digilocker. Here are some of the ways how it helps agencies:
- Reduced administrative overhead : The process reduces the administrative overhead by minimizing the use of paper and curtailing the verification process.
- Digital Transformation : It provides trusted issued documents. Issued documents available via DigiLocker are fetched in real-time directly from the issuing agency.
- Secure document gateway : It acts as a secure document exchange platform like payment gateway between the trusted issuer and trusted Requester/Verifier with the consent of the citizen.
|DigiLocker App||Download Here|
|Home page||Click Here|